Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Days Are Swiftly Passing...

What a difference two weeks makes! First of all, my feature went swimmingly. Even got some really dope photos. It's always nerve-wracking when you have to grab a crowd's attention, but that quick hush that lets you know you have their attention is such a wonderful feeling. Hearing them relate to you is amazing. I really do love performing.


Also in the span of two weeks I started a part time job, attended a bridal shower for a really good friend, had a couple poetry performances, had a Cinco de Mayo celebration and was a bridesmaid for the first time ever! You gotta really love your bride because being in a wedding is more work than you think. But one of the things on my vision board and one of the things I'm working on is being more discerning in the tasks I take on and learning to say no to people. It's going well so far, but weddings and events can suck you in, quick!

The most important thing I did since I last wrote was also one of the bravest things I've ever done, I posted my ostomy on Instagram. I was really nervous, but the response was overwhelmingly positive! I even got to connect with other people who have Crohn's and I got to do something I've been wanting to do for a long time, which was to be accepting of myself in a public arena. It takes a lot to tell your truth to the world, but it was great for me. I am still looking at that photo days later and smiling that I did it. I had all this anxiety about it, but God worked it out. Do not worry about anything y'all, put it in His hands, and be pure of heart about it. It will be okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment