Monday, April 25, 2016

Time Makes Fools of Us All

I'm amazed that all of my conflicting events worked themselves out this weekend. And I don't feel like I missed out. What I could make it to, I did. And I didn't get as much rest as I wanted to, but I got enough. I practice what I preach. It's funny to see myself growing, because in the past, not being able to be in two places at once would have stressed me out. At one point in the weekend I missed both my conflicting events because I was tied up doing something that wasn't even on the schedule. But I'm learning to relax and I truly feel like a better person for it.

This week my events aren't conflicting, but I will be consumed with poetry events almost every night. I'll be a fan on Tuesday and a feature on Thursday, it's my first time featuring and ya girl is geeked!! I have to take time to PRACTICE my set this week because no matter what you've been told, hard work beats talent every time. I also have a performance on Sunday, so another busy week ahead. I don't know that I can claim that I'm staying low, but I am building.

I went to a banquet this weekend and the guest speaker basically broke down how when your opportunity comes, you need to be prepared. I don't feel prepared yet. And honestly I wasn't doing the work to be prepared when I had the time, and now I'm in the thick of it as opportunities are arising and I'm trying to do it all now. If you have time, take advantage. I'm prepared in some ways, not in others. But I'm working on fixing that right now. I just wish I had time to do it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment