Friday, April 22, 2016

*Rick Flair Voice* Woo!

I just drank some Yerba Mate and I am on TEN! There are really natural wonders in the world that these companies want to hide from us. I'm really leery of energy drinks and how my body responds to them, but so far, so good. Likewise, my life seems to be on TEN right now.

The job situation has picked up, got interviews happening here and there and I am ecstatic about that! The poetry is flowing, and I even picked up a part time gig. (Make that money honey!) These are the things I am most concerned about. God has been blessing me left and right and I hope and pray he continues to do so through this summer season.

With all these good things happening, I've had some trials too, but I have remained grateful and I know things will work out. I also know with the flurry of activity, I have to make sure I have time to rest. Rest is so important. People will tell you your 20s, especially late 20s is grind time and you can sleep when you're dead and blah blah blah. The thing is, you don't want to burn yourself out before you've even begun to live. Find what refreshes you and enjoy every bit of it. I can be reneergized by a nap, seeing the right person, traveling, shopping...it doesn't always have to be something grand or costly, but you do need to take care of you.

This weekend I have multiple events, including conflicting ones, but I also have stretches of hours where nothing is going on so I can REST. I hate spending my weekends so busy that I'm tired and cranky Monday morning. (Well, even more tired and cranky than usual.) Networking, making extra cash and having some fun is great...but don't neglect yourself in the process. Get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment