Monday, March 28, 2016

Sleepless in 3rd Ward...

I wish I could sleep at night, but there's too much to be restless about sometimes. The good news is, in moments like these, my Pandora seems to want to keep me company, here are a few songs I'm listening to:

Save Me From Myself by Christina Aguilera
Photographs by Rihanna
The Only Exception by Paramore

Right now I'm debating on whether to try to sleep or to pull an all-nighter. The all nighter seems more likely since I have 2 poems due Tuesday and a bunch of stuff to do before my trip to Vegas this week. I figure I better get all these thoughts out now while I'm having them. Do you know I'm second-guessing my last post? Like, why do y'all need to know that much about my personal business? What if someone I know can identify the guys I'm talking about? What if the guys can identify themselves? The thing is, the point of writing here is to be transparent, and in my transparent state, I am beautiful. I'm kinda ashamed and embarrassed that I've had such bad interactions, but if I can help one girl recognize her value one man sooner, then I feel it's worth it! And people say that, they say if they touch one person it's worth it but they really want to reach masses. I really mean it when I say that if one person reading this is helped, then I really am happy. Women don't talk about these things enough. We suffer in silos instead of sharing with each other and becoming stronger. I'm going to share a quote I posted on Instagram and stop second-guessing how much I'm sharing.


No comments:

Post a Comment