Sunday, September 11, 2016

Careful what you pray for…

I prayed to God for discernment. Me and Trina prayed together for clarity. And literally a day later, I got exactly what we prayed for. I needed direction, I signed up to be a part of this project that seemed amazing and profitable, but when I really thought about it, the project didn’t align with my ultimate goals. I wasn’t excited about doing the work even though I knew I could do the work. And to top it off, I let this go on for weeks, when I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that something was off. That something was me. I really have a hard time telling people “no”, but in my new ventures I am learning to be more assertive. And also more decisive. When you know what you want and what you don’t, it’s easier to say simple words like “yes” and “no” and mean them.


In this case, I didn’t know what I wanted, so I was being swept up into what could have been a great opportunity for someone else, but it wasn’t right for me. Earlier this week I talked about how you should #doitafraid, and that includes turning offers down in order to get what you really want. Not everything that is presented to you will be for you. Not all money is good money, no matter what they tell you and not all deals are golden. Be discerning. And if you’re not sure how, my suggestion is literally to follow your gut and to pray about it. You can consult whoever you talk to at 2am, but at the end of they day, each one of us is truly in control of our own destiny. Make sure you’re doing what you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment